Google
Top Blogs List

Monday, October 02, 2006

This is Johnathon....

http://www.johnathon-madden.memory-of.com

Johnathon Robert Madden was a beautiful 12 year old boy with so many possibilities laid infront of him. Then the unthinkable happened. His 16 year old brother viciously murdered him and attempted to murder his stepfather. I do not write this to encourage your anger towards Johnathon's brother. Kevin was wrong and deserves to be punished for his actions. But now, after 3 years, what good is anger? There is too much of it already in this world and I do not think that Johnathon would have wanted to be the reason or root of more of it. I find, I myself have no energy for the anger. I feel only sadness and concern for Johnathon's mother.

I have watched this story unfold since day one. How could I not? I have two sons. As I have watched them grow these last three years I have so many times wondered and have been horrified at the thought. The thought that one of my sons could do that to the other....well it is unimaginable. Each time my mind wanders there I have an ache in my heart for Johnathon's mother. I can not even come close to feeling what she feels. I can not imagine what she thinks and how she possibily deals with this. Now that Kevin has been sentenced as an adult and Johnathon can be known for who he was, I hope that there is some peace and healing.

Johnathon's mum....if you ever read this, please know that my heart and prayers have always been with you from the start. I hope you find strength and peace in all that has happened and that which is yet to come. You had and still have the love of a very beautiful boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home