Google
Top Blogs List

Monday, October 16, 2006

416-224-0391...Telephone spammer? TD Bank are you aware of the harassment?

The telephone number 416-224-0391, has begun to call me numerous times in the evening over the last little while. When I answer there is dead air and I would hang up annoyed. I assume that it is an automatic dialler. Well tonight I had had just about enough of this, so I called the telephone number back. There was a recorded message, "Thank you for calling. You have reached Voxdata. Voxdata is a customer service call entre which has been requested to make a courtesy call to your telephone number. Have a nice day." And then the line goes dead. I then reverse looked up the telephone number and could only ascertain that it was a telephone number originating in the Toronto area. My next step was to google search the telephone number and there was only 2 hits. Both for a forum where someone else was being harassed by the same telephone number back in March of this year. The person with the similar complaint believed that TD Bank was the company that was using Voxdata. I wonder if TD is freely giving our telephone numbers to this company knowing that some of their customers and non-customers are being thoroughly annoyed by them?

I then googled (gawd I love Google) Voxdata and found them on Monster.ca of all places. There I found a telephone number for their office in Toronto (416-224-8482). I called and pressed '0' for immediate assistance. A female answered the phone and when I told her that I was pissed she immediately handed me over to a male voice that identified himself as Chris. Chris asked what the calls were about and I advised him that I did not know as there was dead air when I answered. He stated that he was going to have my telephone number removed from their system. I suppose we will have to wait and see if my complaint was successful.

I just wanted to throw this little experience out there so if any of you are getting these annoying calls you may find some resolution, as I hope that I have.

1 Comments:

Blogger benjsilver said...

I have been contacted by them as well, when i called 416-224-8482, i was informed that they work for td, cibc and one other, i forget, doing follow up calls about the credit cards. i didnt ask to be removed, but to find out exactly wtf they want to follow up on. sad thing is, i dont mind calls, just not on my cell, and thats my only phone. they said they'll call me back at my work to inform what they want. i look forward to telling them to stop calling me :).

11/22/2006 03:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home